- Motor vehicle repair shops must be registered with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
- Consumers must be provided with a written estimate if the repair costs more than $100.
- Always maintain receipts for any repairs.
- Consumers are entitled to request return of replaced parts.
- Obtain more than one estimate for major repair.
If you have question about any of the procedures mentioned here, or wish to check the complaint history of a business, contact the Pinellas County Office of Consumer Protection at (727) 464-6200.