During October of 1997, Pinellas County enacted the Pinellas County Bingo Ordinance (Pinellas County Code Section 10-61). Anyone conducting bingo or leasing premises for the conduct of bingo must comply with the requirements of the Pinellas County Code Bingo Ordinance and Florida State Statute 849.0931.
The Pinellas County Bingo Ordinance also requires that anyone who conducts bingo or leases premises for the conduct of bingo must first obtain a license from Pinellas County Consumer Protection.
There are two types of licenses:
Please Note: All First-Time Applicants are required to meet with Pinellas County Consumer Protection personnel for review of their application.
Licenses must be renewed annually and your renewal applications must be received in our office no later than 60 days prior to the expiration of your current license for timely processing.
BINGO LICENSE FEES:
$50 Non-Refundable Application Fee - This is submitted with your bingo license application.
$30 Background Check Fee - per officer listed on your application.
$275 License Fee, due and payable upon notification of approval of your license application.
BINGO ORDINANCE - FAQS
- The entire proceeds from Bingo and/or Instant Bingo shall be deposited the next business day in a checking account, which shall be maintained separate and apart from all other accounts. Licensees must report this money on the financial reporting forms provided below.
- Bingo games may only be conducted between the hours of 12:00 PM (noon) and 3:00 AM.
- No one under the age of 18 years is allowed to be present when games are being conducted.
- Bingo Licenses must be displayed in a conspicuous area.
- All volunteers must wear nametags.
- Bingo volunteers are not permitted to play bingo while volunteering.
- No more than two charities may conduct bingo at any one location, per day.
- There is no limit on the number of games per session where the prize payout does not exceed $50, per game.
- Jackpots are those prize payouts of more than $50, but cannot exceed $250.
- Only three (3) jackpot prizes are allowed per day at any location, even if two (2) charities are conducting separate sessions.
- The bingo ordinance and licensing requirements shall not apply to associated organizations and groups authorized to play bingo by F.S.S. 849.0931(4). However, these associated organizations and groups must follow the requirements of 849.0931(4).
For additional information about the Pinellas County Bingo Ordinance, please contact Pinellas County Consumer Protection at (727) 464-6200.
UPDATED APPLICATION AND REPORTING FORM EFFECTIVE 3/1/2016:
PINELLAS COUNTY BINGO ORDINANCE
FSS 849.0931 – (State Statute Relating to Bingo)