Unexpected events can occur, such as the loss of a job, reduction in work hours, illness, divorce, etc., that may cause home owners to fall behind in their mortgage payments. Services are available to home owners to help avoid the loss of a home to foreclosure. Help is available at little or no cost.
Where Do I Get Help to Avoid Foreclosure?
The Pinellas County Community Development Department works with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and several local agencies that offer foreclosure prevention assistance. For more information, contact one of these agencies for help.
- Bright Community Trust, (727)475-1366, http://bctfl.org
- Foreclosure Prevention information
- Clearwater Neighborhood Housing Services, (727) 442-4155,
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Central Florida and the Florida
Gulf Coast, Inc., Toll-Free 1-800-741-7040, www.cccsfl.org
- St. Petersburg Neighborhood Housing Services, (727) 821-6897,
- Tampa Bay Community Development Corporation, Homebuyers Club
(727) 442-6222, www.tampabaycdc.org
- Homeownership Preservation Foundation,
Toll-Free Hotline 1-888-995-4673, www.995hope.org
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Tampa Field Office (813) 228-2026, www.hud.gov