Board of County Commissioners
Commissioner Eggers was elected to the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners in November, 2014. Previously, he served as Mayor of Dunedin, elected in March, 2009, and then re-elected in 2012. Prior to becoming Mayor, he served as a City Commissioner of Dunedin, elected in 2003 and re-elected in 2006.
During Commissioner Eggers’ tenure with Dunedin, he started the Youth Advisory Council, the Social Services Committee and the Public Safety Committee. In addition, he led efforts to recognize returning veterans and established the Purple Heart Park and Purple Heart City.
Master of Business Administration in Finance and Marketing, University of Pittsburg, PA, 1982
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, specialized in Civil Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC, 1979
Current Committees and Organizations
- AmSkills Board
- Election Canvassing Board
- Metropolitan Planning Organization (past Chairman)
- Pinellas Planning Council
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority
- Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority Finance & Performance Management Committee
- Pinellas County Public Safety Coordinating Council
- Tampa Bay Water
Past Committees and Organizations
- Career Source Pinellas Board of Directors
- Local Coordinating Board- Subcommittee for MPO, Transportation Disadvantaged (past Chairman)
- Mease Manor Board of Directors (past Chairman)
- Dunedin Board of Adjustment and Appeals
- Dunedin Board of Finance
- Dunedin Chamber of Commerce (past Chairman)
- School Board Liaison for Dunedin City Commission
- Tampa Bay Area Regional Transit Authority (Alternate)
- Toronto Blue Jays Liaison for Dunedin City Commission
- Value Adjustment Board (past Chairman)
Personal Affiliations and Organizations
- Friends of the Honeymoon Island Parks (Charter Member)
- Dunedin Historical Society (Member)
- Friends of the Dunedin Library (Member)
- St. Andrews Presbyterian Church (Member)
Commissioner Eggers worked as a Strategic Planner and Operations Manager for US Steel and National Steel. He relocated to Florida in 1984 and began working as a Commercial Real Estate Agent for Oliver Realty and then Grubb and Ellis. He opened Centerpointe Realty, located in Dunedin, in 1988.
Throughout his 30+ year career in real estate, he has marketed owners’ properties and assisted corporations in relocating. He has worked with numerous companies to buy and lease office, industrial and/or retail properties.
Commissioner Eggers was born on June 2, 1957, in St. Louis, Missouri. His parents moved to South America when he was a child, and he was raised in Guatemala and Peru. He speaks Spanish and has a great respect for the Latin culture.
He and his wife, Becky, have been married for 10 years. He has a son, Ryan Stone of Hollywood, Florida; a daughter, Emily Stone of Washington DC; and three ‘four-legged- children’.
His father, Jim Eggers, and much of his extended family reside in the Tampa Bay area.
Commissioner Eggers coached for Dunedin National Little League (now Greater Dunedin Little League) for more than 14 years. He coached the 1995 Dunedin National Senior Team to a World Series win, and managed the 2001 Dunedin Big League Team to a third-place finish in World Series play. Since 2006, he has served as an umpire for the local Little League and the Southern Umpires Association.
He is an avid sports fan. His favorite teams are the Duke Blue Devils, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Tampa Bay Rays.