Online permitting is now available for contractors only. You must be a registered user to to be able to apply for permits and schedule inspections.
After you register and prior to applying for your first online permit or scheduling an inspection online, please print out and review the two instructions provided below. These will help you become familiar with the two functions.
- Online Permitting Instructions (same as below)
- Permit Calculator
- Online Inspections
- Inspection results are posted on-line in real time.
- To ask for a "call ahead request" and notification time parameter, please call and talk to an inspector and leave your phone number on the morning of the inspection between 8-8:20 a.m.
To apply for your registration please follow the steps below:
Registration is a two step process. Please complete both steps below.
Step 1 of 2: (This step/process establishes your e-mail and password on the host server.)
- Go to the Pinellas County Online Permit screen.
- Scroll down to Apply for a Building Permit. Select this link.
- Now under the login section, you will see a link for first time users titled Register here, select this link.
- Fill out the online form and submit it.
- Once you receive your e-mail confirmation from Velocity Hall please complete step two.
Step 2 of 2 (This will complete the registration process, and establish you with our server.)
- Select the next link for Online Registration .
- Print out the form and fill out the required information using the same e-mail address provided in step 1, then mail it to the address listed on the form, or simply fax it to the number provided.
Once your registration is completed and you receive confirmation from our department you may access the online Permitting at Online Permit Manager .
This will allow you to apply for a simple permit such as water heater replacement, electrical service change, A/C changeout, re-roof and many more. It will also give you the ability to schedule your inspections, leave a message for the field inspector that is needed for that inspection, such as phone number that is to be used to notify you when the inspector will be arriving at the job, or anything else that you feel the inspector may need. You will also be able to view any comments that the inspector may note at the time of the inspection.
Establishing Inspection Times
We do try to accommodate both the contractor as well as the homeowner in scheduling inspection that are convenient and workable for both the customer and the inspector. However, due to the volume of inspection we cannot set a specific time that we will be at your home or job site. You do have a few options however to try to establish a base time for your inspection. All of the inspectors can supply you with a window of an hour or two depending on their daily workload. We also do what we refer to as a "Call Ahead". This is accomplished by calling our office and talking with the actual inspector or their supervisor and supplying a contact telephone number and how much time you will require to be notified prior to the inspector arriving. Once this is established the inspector will call you and let you know that he will be arriving at you site in the arranged time frame. We suggest that you call our office the day of the inspection between 8 a.m and 8:20 a.m.
Ability to Schedule Inspections in Advance
With the automated inspection system, you have the ability to schedule inspection as much a nine (9) business days in advance. When you login to the system, you will be given the option to select the day you would prefer the inspection. Once this is set you will be give a confirmation number as you receive on any inspection request. Our system will then hold that request until the proper day you requested it.