Online permitting is now available for contractors only. You must be a registered user to to be able to apply for permits and schedule inspections.
Sorry, we are unable to issue permits online to homeowners due to state laws that require owners to appear in person.
After you register and prior to applying for your first online permit or scheduling an inspection online, please print out and review the two instructions provided below. These will help you become familiar with the two functions.
- Online Permitting Instructions (same as below)
- Permit Calculator
- Online Inspections
- Inspection results are posted on-line in real time.
- To ask for a "call ahead request" and notification time parameter, please call and talk to an inspector and leave your phone number on the morning of the inspection between 8-8:20 a.m.
To apply for your registration please follow the steps below:
Registration is a two step process. Please complete both steps below.
Step 1 of 2: (This step/process establishes your e-mail and password on the host server.)
- Go to the Pinellas County Online Permit screen.
- Scroll down to Apply for a Building Permit. Select this link.
- Now under the login section, you will see a link for first time users titled Register here, select this link.
- Fill out the online form and submit it.
- Once you receive your e-mail confirmation from Velocity Hall please complete step two.
Step 2 of 2 (This will complete the registration process, and establish you with our server.)
- Select the next link for Online Registration .
- Print out the form and fill out the required information using the same e-mail address provided in step 1, then mail it to the address listed on the form, or simply fax it to the number provided.
Once your registration is completed and you receive confirmation from our department you may access the online Permitting at Online Permit Manager .
This will allow you to apply for a simple permit such as water heater replacement, electrical service change, A/C changeout, re-roof and many more. It will also give you the ability to schedule your inspections, leave a message for the field inspector that is needed for that inspection, such as phone number that is to be used to notify you when the inspector will be arriving at the job, or anything else that you feel the inspector may need. You will also be able to view any comments that the inspector may note at the time of the inspection.
Establishing Inspection Times:
Due to the volume of daily inspections and the need for our inspectors to set their inspection route for the most effective use of their time, we are unable to offer a specific time that the inspector will be at your home or job site. We attempt to accommodate contractors and property owners in scheduling inspection times that are convenient and effective for both the customer and the inspector. We do this by offering Estimated Inspection Time of Arrivals (ETA) and by Call Ahead Alert phone calls.
Please Note: When an Inspection ETA or Call Ahead Alert cannot be accommodated due to inspection volume or routing delays, the inspector will telephone the contact person with an updated ETA.
- Inspection ETA’s – You may telephone the Contractor Services Section at (727) 464-3888 (Select options 1, 1, 1), the inspector that has been assigned your inspection or the Trade Section Supervisor between 8:00 – 8:20 am and you will receive a 1 – 2 hour window of time that your inspection will be performed in. Inspector/Supervisor telephone numbers.
- Call Ahead Alert (available only on-line) - Phone calls are made by the inspector 30 minutes to 1 hour ahead of the inspector’s arrival to allow contractors or property owners to meet the inspector. They may be electronically requested by the contractor when scheduling the inspection on-line by entering the contact person and telephone number in the Notes to Inspector section; or by the contractor or property owner by telephoning the Contractor Services Section at (727) 464-3888 (Select options 1, 1, 1), the inspector that has been assigned your inspection or the Trade Section Supervisor between 8:00 – 8:20 am inspector that has been assigned your inspection or the Trade Section Supervisor between 8:00 – 8:20 am.
Ability to Schedule Inspections in Advance:
With the automated inspection system you have the ability to schedule inspections as much a nine (9) business days in advance. When you login to the system, you will be given the option to select the day you would prefer the inspection. Once this is set and the inspection process is completed you will be given a confirmation number, please retain it for you IVR or lonlinr records. Our system will maintain your request until the requested date and will assign it to the appropriate inspector.