How to Schedule Inspections:
There are two(2) ways in which inspections may be requested.
Licensed Contractors can choose either option:
- On-line (Permit and Inspection same system)
- I.V.R. (An automated telephone system)-Homeowners can only use the I.V.R.
Online Inspections for Licensed Contractors only:
- Access to on-line inspection requests requires two steps, (1) registering and email with a password and then submitting the On-Line permitting user declaration form to 727-464-3886. Once the registration process is complete you will receive an email from Building and Development Review Services welcoming you to on-line permitting. You can also select the email us link above and request the form along with the instructions on how to complete this.
I.V.R. - Licensed Contractors or Homeowners:
With this automated system, you can also receive the inspection results, and cancel an inspection that is scheduled for the following day, or any day after. You must still call our office directly if you wish to cancel an inspection that is out for inspection on the day you wish to cancel.
To access the I.V.R. system you will need a user ID and PIN number. You can obtain your user ID and PIN number in a few different ways:
- to set up an account email us;
- homeowners, if e-mailing, simply indicate that you are a homeowner and include your permit number.
- call our office;
- when you are processing your permit;
- contractors must supply the license holder's name, license number and company name.
Establishing Inspection Times:
Due to the volume of daily inspections and the need for our inspectors to set their inspection route for the most effective use of their time, we are unable to offer a specific time that the inspector will be at your home or job site. We attempt to accommodate contractors and property owners in scheduling inspection times that are convenient and effective for both the customer and the inspector. We do this by offering Estimated Inspection Time of Arrivals (ETA) and by Call Ahead Alert phone calls.
Please Note: When an Inspection ETA or Call Ahead Alert cannot be accommodated due to inspection volume or routing delays, the inspector will telephone the contact person with an updated ETA.
- Inspection ETA’s – You may telephone the Contractor Services Section at (727) 464-3888 (Select options 1, 1, 1), the inspector that has been assigned your inspection or the Trade Section Supervisor between 8:00 – 8:20 am and you will receive a 1 – 2 hour window of time that your inspection will be performed in. Inspector/Supervisor telephone numbers.
- Call Ahead Alert (not available using the I.V.R.) - Phone calls are made by the inspector 30 minutes to 1 hour ahead of the inspector’s arrival to allow contractors or property owners to meet the inspector. They may be electronically requested by the contractor when scheduling the inspection on-line by entering the contact person and telephone number in the Notes to Inspector section; or by the contractor or property owner by telephoning the Contractor Services Section at (727) 464-3888 (Select options 1, 1, 1), the inspector that has been assigned your inspection or the Trade Section Supervisor between 8:00 – 8:20 a.m.
Ability to Schedule Inspections in Advance:
With the automated inspection system you have the ability to schedule inspections as much a nine (9) business days in advance. When you login to the system, you will be given the option to select the day you would prefer the inspection. Once this is set and the inspection process is completed you will be given a confirmation number, please retain it for you IVR or lonlinr records. Our system will maintain your request until the requested date and will assign it to the appropriate inspector.
Ability to Cancel Scheduled Inspections:
You may use the automated inspection system or on-line system to cancel inspections. To do this you would select option #2 of the IVR menu: Look Up Scheduled Inspections. You will be given the option to cancel any scheduled inspection. When you cancel an inspection for the same day or the next day you must also call our Contractor Services Section at (727) 464-3888 (Select options 1, 1, 1) so that they can inform the inspector of the cancellation.
Please apply for a login ID and password to access the online permitting system. This new enhancement allows you to do all the functions available on the I.V.R., plus....
- you can add inspection notes to inspector in a comment field available, and retrieve the inspection results along with any comments made by the field inspector.
- you will be able to pay certain fees online with your credit card and if you are a licensed contractor, you will be able to apply for and receive certain express permits online.
Sorry, we are unable to issue permits online to homeowners due to state laws that require owners to appear in person.