Service Area: Unincorporated Pinellas County
All the information below
is for contractors working
in unincorporated Pinellas County.
See individual municipalities for more information.
NOTE: All documents are in PDF format
unless otherwise stated.
|Checklists||Windows & Doors Permit|
|Forms, Requirements or Procedures||Sample Bonds|
|Permit Applications||Maintenance Bonds|
Fuel Gas Testing Certification - Form from a contractor to certify that the policy and procedure were completed for the leak testing when only one(1) gas appliance is being added and that gas system and appliances are free of leakage.
Residential Plan Check List - List minimum requirements for one and two family structures related to residential construction permit applications. It is not meant for single trade permits such as re-roofs and replacements of water heaters, air conditioning units, windows or doors.
- Steps for Commercial Development - Learn the work flow and timeline for commercial development.
- Sub-Contractor List - Contractor must provide a list of the major trade sub contractors for a job. Submittal of this form to BDRS by the primary contractor and processing of the form is a pre-requisite for activating and allowing inspections for those trades. Subcontractor FAQ
To be filled out by an appropriate contractor and given to Building and Review Services.
- Alarm System Project
- Architect/Engineer Inspection - Procedures for the Architects and Engineers Inspection program to perform building inspections in lieu of BDRS inspectors.
- Asbestos Forms
- Contractors Authorization Letter - Authorization from contractor to have other people apply/sign for permits under his contractor's license number.
- Final Inspection Relief - Used to administratively release a contractor from a permit when a homeowner refuses access for a final inspection.
- Inspection Codes - List of IVR inspection ID numbers.
- Inspection Policy for Contractors - Learn and become proficient in making inspection requests.
- Notice of Commencement (N.O.C.) - Notice that improvements will be made to certain real property. When this form is required, the form needs to be recorded with the Clerk of the Court and then submitted to BDRS before any inspections can be scheduled.
- Pool/Hot Tub/Spa - Residential
Re-Roofing Affidavit - Used by contractor to report fastening of roof deck and secondary water barrier installation.
- Pre-Power and TUG Inspections -This is only for residential construction. TUG is a temporary underground service that uses the partially completed service panel in the home instead of a sawpole during construction. Prepower allows energizing an almost completed home for a short time period in order to do things to finish a home such as turn on the a/c to finish wood floors or turn provide power to the pool pump once marcite is installed.
- Single Family Residential Driveway Standards drawing - Design standards for constructing a residential driveway.
- Substantial Improvement Cost Breakdown - An itemized list of construction costs. It is used as a tool to help evaluate proposed construction to an existing building which does not comply with flood zone regulations.
- Substantial Improvement Disclosure Form - An affidavit signed by the Owner and Contractor acknowledging their responsibilities and limitations regarding the proposed construction to an existing building which does not comply with flood zone regulations.
- Rough Shower Pan Letter
- Tankless Water Heater Calculation Worksheet
- Tub Inspection Letter - A letter from the prime contractor that access has been provided to the concealed equipment for a roman style tub.
- Unlisted Gas Appliances - A letter from an engineer certifying that an unlisted gas appliance meets code.
- Building Permit Application - a user fillable and printable permit application form. It provides a typed and printed alternative to handwriting the information.
- Online Permitting - Permitting Instructions - Online permitting and inspection requests are only available to licensed contractors AND only licensed contractors registered with BDRS for online permitting may obtain permits and schedule inspections online. These are instructions detailing what information is required on the web permits, and inspection scheduling instructions.
- On-Line Windows & Doors Permit Procedure Reference Package – On-Line Window/Door replacement permits require plan review submission and review. This reference package provides the procedures forms examples for submission.
- On-Line Windows & Doors Permit Procedure Reference Package-25% Exemption - This reference package provides the procedures forms examples for submission for one and two family dwellings constructed under codes other than the Florida Building Code.
- On-Line Windows & Doors Permit Submittal Package –This submittal package is for use by licensed contractors for submitting window/door replacement plans on-line.
- On-Line Windows & Doors Permit Submittal Package-25% Exemption - This submittal package is for use by licensed contractors for submitting window/door replacement plans on-line when applying for the 25% Exception.
After Hours Inspection - To request a building inspection outside the normal business hours of BDRS.
- Permit Extension - Used to extend a permit and can only be used before the permit expires and it goes to Abandon status.
- Schedule an Inspection - All inspection request are made through an automated telephone system commonly referred to as I.V.R. To access this system you will need a user ID and PIN number.
Temporary Power - For Commercial construction and allows energizing a building for a limited period of time to test equipment such as refrigeration or to test and balance the A/C system.
These are instructions and samples related to bonds, including completion and maintenance bonds.
- Subdivision - Sample - Instructions and samples related to bonds, including completion and maintenance bonds.