Service Area: Unincorporated Pinellas County
All the information below
is for contractors working
in unincorporated Pinellas County.
See individual municipalities for more information.
NOTE: All documents are in PDF format
unless otherwise stated.
|Checklists||Windows & Doors Permit|
|Forms, Requirements, Procedures||Sample Bonds|
|Permit Applications||Maintenance Bonds|
- Contractor's Tie-In Certification
- Fuel Gas Testing Certification - Form from a contractor to certify that the policy and procedure were completed for the leak testing when only one(1) gas appliance is being added and that gas system and appliances are free of leakage.
- Water Service Electrical Grounding Letter
Residential Plan Check List - List minimum requirements for one and two family structures related to residential construction permit applications. It is not meant for single trade permits such as re-roofs and replacements of water heaters, air conditioning units, windows, or doors.
- Steps for Commercial Development - Learn the work flow and timeline for commercial development.
- Sub-Contractor List - Contractor must provide a list of the major trade sub-contractors for a job. Submittal of this form to Building Services by the primary contractor and processing of the form is a pre-requisite for activating and allowing inspections for those trades. Subcontractor FAQ
To be filled out by an appropriate contractor and given to Building Services.
- Alarm System Project
- Architect/Engineer Inspection - Procedures for the Architects and Engineers Inspection program to perform building inspections in lieu of Building Services inspectors.
- Asbestos Forms
- Blower Door Test Notice - Mandatory Blower Door Testing begins July 1, 2017; New construction residential building or dwelling units shall have Blower Door Testing performed by an approved 3rd party prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy.
- Contractors Authorization Letter - Authorization from contractor to have other people apply/sign for permits under his contractor's license number.
- Inspection Codes - List of IVR inspection ID numbers.
- Inspection Policy for Contractors - Learn and become proficient in making inspection requests.
- Notice of Commencement (N.O.C.) - Notice that improvements will be made to certain real property. When this form is required, the form needs to be recorded with the Clerk of the Circuit Court and then submitted to Building Services before any inspections can be scheduled.
- Pool/Hot Tub/Spa - Residential
- Pre-Power and TUG Inspections -This is only for residential construction. TUG is a temporary underground service that uses the partially completed service panel in the home instead of a sawpole during construction. Prepower allows energizing an almost completed home for a short time period in order to do things to finish a home, such as turn on the A/C, to finish wood floors, or provide power to the pool pump once marcite is installed.
- Product Approval Schedule - Optional form to list the code required approved products that are being used. If only one or a few products are being used, the product approval numbers may be listed in the work description on the permit application instead.
Re-Roofing Affidavit - Used by contractor to report fastening of roof deck and secondary water barrier installation.
- Rough Shower Pan Letter
- Single Family Residential Driveway Standards drawing - Design standards for constructing a residential driveway.
- Substantial Improvement Cost Breakdown - An itemized list of construction costs. It is used as a tool to help evaluate proposed construction to an existing building which does not comply with flood zone regulations.
- Substantial Improvement Disclosure Form - An affidavit signed by the Owner and Contractor acknowledging their responsibilities and limitations regarding the proposed construction to an existing building which does not comply with flood zone regulations.
- Tankless Water Heater Calculation Worksheet
- Tub Inspection Letter - A letter from the prime contractor that access has been provided to the concealed equipment for a roman style tub.
- Unlisted Gas Appliances - A letter from an engineer certifying that an unlisted gas appliance meets code.
- Unresponsive Property Owner Policy - Used to administratively release a contractor from a permit when a homeowner refuses access for a final inspection.
- Central Permit Form (CPF) - The Central Permit Form (CPF) has been updated. The revisions were necessary due to statutory, ordinance, and business process changes.
- The CPF is the multipurpose form that is used to obtain Building permits, Site Development permits, Habitat permits, Utility permits, and Right-of-Way use permits.
- The significant change for applicants is that the Owner and Contractor must sign the application on Building permit applications only. Owner and Contractor attestations will be sufficient in place of the latest change procedure requiring Owner and Contractor notarized signatures.
- Notary services are available without charge in our office. Permit intake staff are in the process of becoming notaries as an enhanced customer service.
- For questions and concerns, please contact us at (727) 464-3888, or via “Live Chat” by clicking the link on the left side of our webpage.
- Flood Zone Application - Required form for construction permits for buildings in flood zones A or V. More flood zone information.
- Online Permitting - Permitting Instructions - Online permitting and inspection requests are only available to licensed contractors AND only licensed contractors registered with Building Services for online permitting may obtain permits and schedule inspections online. These are instructions detailing what information is required on the web permits, and inspection scheduling instructions.
- On-Line Windows & Doors Permit Procedure Reference Package – On-Line Window/Door replacement permits require plan review submission and review. This reference package provides the procedure, forms, and examples for submission.
- On-Line Windows & Doors Permit Procedure Reference Package-25% Exemption - This reference package provides the procedure, forms, and examples for submission for one and two family dwellings constructed under codes other than the Florida Building Code.
- On-Line Windows & Doors Permit Submittal Package –This submittal package is for use by licensed contractors for submitting window/door replacement plans on-line.
- On-Line Windows & Doors Permit Submittal Package-25% Exemption - This submittal package is for use by licensed contractors for submitting window/door replacement plans on-line when applying for the 25% Exemption.
After Hours Inspection - To request a building inspection outside the normal business hours of Building Services.
- Schedule an Inspection - All inspection requests are made through an automated telephone system commonly referred to as I.V.R. To access this system, you will need a user ID and PIN number.
Temporary Power - For Commercial construction. Allows energizing a building for a limited period of time to test equipment, such as refrigeration, or to test and balance the A/C system.
These are instructions and samples related to bonds, including completion and maintenance bonds.
- Subdivision - Sample - Instructions and samples related to bonds, including completion and maintenance bonds.