Service Area: Unincorporated Pinellas County
All the information below is for residents
in unincorporated Pinellas County.
See individual municipalities for more information.
NOTE: All documents are in PDF format unless otherwise stated.
|Permit Applications||Forms, Requirements or Procedures|
- Central Permit Form (CPF) - The Central Permit Form (CPF) has been updated. The revisions were necessary due to statutory, ordinance and business process changes.
- The CPF is the multipurpose form that is used to obtain Building permits, Site Development permits, Habitat permits, Utility permits and Right-of-Way use permits.
- The significant change for applicants is that the Owner and Contractor must sign the application on Building permit applications only. Owner and Contractor attestations will be sufficient in place of the latest change procedure requiring Owner and Contractor notarized signatures.
- Notary services are available without charge in our office. Permit intake staff are in the process of becoming notaries as an enhanced customer service.
- For questions and concerns please contact us at (727) 464-3888, or via “Live Chat” by clicking the link on left side of our webpage.
- Tree Removal Information - Use for tree removal /protection of trees for existing single family homes only.
- Fuel Gas Testing Certification - Form from a contractor to certify that the policy and procedure were completed for the leak testing when only one(1) gas appliance is being added and that gas system and appliances are free of leakage.
- Water Service Electrical Grounding Letter
- Steps for Commercial Development - Learn the work flow and timeline for commercial development.
- Sub-Contractor List - Contractor must provide a list of the major trade sub contractors for a job. Submittal of this form to BDRS by the primary contractor and processing of the form is a pre-requisite for activating and allowing inspections for those trades.
To be filled out by an appropriate contractor and given to Building and Review Services.
- Architect/Engineer Inspection - Procedures for the Architects and Engineers Inspection program to perform building inspections in lieu of BDRS inspectors.
- Blower Door Test Notice - Mandatory Blower Door Testing begins July 1st 2017; New construction residential building or dwelling units shall have Blower Door Testing performed by an approved 3rd party prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy.
- Notice of Commencement (N.O.C.) - Notice that improvements will be made to certain real property. When this form is required, the form needs to be recorded with the Clerk of the Court and then submitted to BDRS before any inspections can be scheduled.
- Owner/Contractor Affidavit
Owners Refusal Letter - Used to administratively release a contractor from a permit when a homeowner refuses access for a final inspection.
Re-Roofing Affidavit - Used by contractor to report fastening of roof deck and secondary water barrier installation.
- Substantial Improvement Cost Breakdown - An itemized list of construction costs. It is used as a tool to help evaluate proposed construction to an existing building which does not comply with flood zone regulations.
- Substantial Improvement Disclosure Form - An affidavit signed by the Owner and Contractor acknowledging their responsibilities and limitations regarding the proposed construction to an existing building which does not comply with flood zone regulations.
- Temporary Power - Pre-Power and TUG Inspections -This is only for residential construction. TUG is a temporary underground service that uses the partially completed service panel in the home instead of a sawpole during construction. Prepower allows energizing an almost completed home for a short time period in order to do things to finish a home such as turn on the a/c to finish wood floors or turn provide power to the pool pump once marcite is installed.
- Tub Inspection Letter - A letter from the prime contractor that access has been provided to the concealed equipment for a roman style tub.
- Unlisted Gas Appliances - A letter from an engineer certifying that an unlisted gas appliance meets code.
After Hours Inspection - To request a building inspection outside the normal business hours of BDRS.
- Permit Extension - Used to extend a permit and can only be used before the permit expires and it goes to Abandon status.