We will be CLOSED to the public on
Monday, February 18, 2019 - President’s Day
Wednesday Hours are Changing
To prepare and train staff for a major update to the County's Land Development Code, our Wednesday business hours will be 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. from October 31, 2018 through January 30, 2019.
Building Services provides building permits, building inspections, and code reference for unincorporated Pinellas County.
Our Service Areas include Unincorporated Pinellas County and communities who contract our services....Belleair Beach, Belleair Bluffs, Belleair Shore, and Oldsmar.
Report unlicensed construction activity
Follow the link above to report unlicensed construction activity. Reports can also be made by calling the Pinellas County Hotline at
- Building Departments in Pinellas County
- Building FAQ
- Building Plan Review - Commercial / Residential
- Codes / Municode
- Fee Schedules
- Forms / Permits / Check Lists (for homeowners)
- Forms / Permits / Check Lists (for contractors)
- General Property Map - view this map for parcel, zoning, land use, aerials, and general information
- Phone Number List
- Steps for New Building Commercial Development
- Subcontractor Form - Subcontractor FAQ
- View Elevation Certificates (use Chrome or Firefox and zoom in on pink dots)
Notices and News:
- Helpful reminder to contractors to provide Pinellas County Building Services a copy of your renewed State of Florida license and updated Pinellas County Construction Licensing Board yellow card before expiration to avoid conflict of scheduling inspections or applying for permits. Updated licenses and PCCLB cards may be emailed to Building Services. Each municipal building department will require an updated copy of each, as well. PCCLB renewal may be completed online June 19 – October 2, 2018.
- Blower Door Test Notice - Mandatory Blower Door Testing begins July 1, 2017: New construction residential building or dwelling units shall have Blower Door Testing performed by an approved 3rd party prior to the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy.
- 2014 Florida Building Code is now in effect
- Central Permit Form - New form. Management determined that an Owner and Contractor attestations will be sufficient in place of the latest change procedure requiring Owner and Contractor notarized signatures.
Report / File:
- Building Green
- Construction Licensing Board
- Choosing a Contractor - Florida Lien Law
- Development Review Services
- Utilities - Engineering Specifications
Permits Required / No Permits
List of permits and no permits required
If you live in a city, check your city's website for their codes more>