*Note for iPad users - The documents below are best viewed in iBooks
The FY16 Proposed Budget is a comprehensive document with several hundred pages of information. The following will help orient you to some of the key areas that will be most helpful to your review of this document:
- Transmittal Memo –The first three pages (labeled pages 1-3) of the Budget Message section. This letter from the County Administrator to the Board of County Commissioners is the introduction to the budget document and highlights the strategy behind the formulation of the proposed budget.
- Mission, Vision and Values and Strategic Plan –The second and third pages in the document, these reflect Pinellas County’s Mission, Vision and Values and our refreshed strategic plan.
- Introduction to the Proposed Budget –The fourth page in the document, this will orient you to the each section of the budget document.
- Additional Needs Addressed within Proposed Budget –Pages A-12-15 of the Budget Message section. This narrative summarizes the additional needs that have been incorporated into the FY16 Proposed Budget, organized by strategic goal area. These needs were identified by the Board, departments, Constitutional Officers, and Independent Agencies.
- Budget Summary Section
- Ad Valorem and Millages Table – Page B-5 of the Summaries section. This table presents the ad valorem budgets and millages proposed and used to calculate the balanced proposed budget. At the Board’s scheduled budget work session on July 30, staff will be seeking Board feedback regarding the maximum millage rates to be published in the TRIM notices that will be mailed to all property owners in August.
- Operating and Capital Budget Comparison – Pages B-9-12 of the Summaries section. These tables and charts summarize and document variances between the FY16 proposed and FY15 revised budgets for the operating expenditures by department/agency and capital expenditures by function.
- Personnel Position Comparison – Pages B-24-25 of the Summaries section. This table compares the FY14, FY15 and FY16 full-time equivalent (FTE) position counts by department and agency.
- Department/Agency Program Budgets and Analyses –Each department/agency’s pages begin with a Department/Agency Description and Analysis of the proposed budget. Budgets are then presented by program with FTE related to each program. A summary and program descriptions is also provided. Click on this link for the departments under the County Administrator in Section D.
- Capital –Section I presents the 10-year Capital Improvement Program with summary and detailed information, including a summary of changes (starting on page I-93).
FY16 - Proposed Annual
Operating and Capital Budget
- County Administrator's Budget Message
- FY16 Budget Summary - This document contains a series of charts and tables that present the budget in an aggregated fashion together with various economic and population trend data for Pinellas County.
- FY16 Annual Operating and Capital Budget - This is the detail ("line item") budget for the County.
- Appendix - This section includes the Glossary, Budget Policies, Basis of Accounting for Financial Statements and Budget, Overview of the Budget Process, Budgetary Control and Budget Calendar, Summary of User Fee Changes, Pinellas County Planning Council Budget, and Location Map.
- FY16 through FY25 Capital Improvement Program Detail: A comprehensive ten-year plan of proposed capital projects, intended to identify and balance the capital needs of the community within the fiscal capabilities and limitations of the County. It is primarily a planning document and is subject to change as the needs of the community become more defined and the adopted projects move closer to final approval. This is released after the FY16 Budget is Adopted.
- FY16 Budget Presentations – Links to presentations to the Board of County Commissioners throughout the budget process. Includes PowerPoint presentations and streaming video of meetings.
Note: Documents are supplied in Portable Document Format (PDF).