A voter-approved amendment to the Pinellas County Charter requires the Redistricting Board to be established within 30 days of receipt of the census data from the State.
The Board reviews the census data and may present proposals to the County Commission to change Pinellas County Commissioner district boundaries or keep them the same based on the latest population data.
The Board's recommendations will go to the County Commission on November 9 and the Commission will adopt any redistricting plans at the December 7 meeting.
Redistricting is a process of redrawing legislative districts that happens every 10 years after the United States Census.
The Board is composed of 11 members, appointed by the County Commission. Seven members are nominated by each Commissioner from among residents of that Commissioner's district. The other four members are from the public at-large.
Redistricting Board Roster
- Mary Louise L Ambrose
- Brian J Aungst
- Johnny V Boykins
- Esther Eugene
- James P. Everett
- Bruce V Livingston
- Allison Nall
- Karen Owen
- Christian D Ruppel
- Ron Schultz
- Mark Weinkrantz
Meetings & Public Participation
Redistricting Board meetings are streamed live on the Pinellas County YouTube channel and will be broadcast on PCCTV as seen on Spectrum Channel 637, Frontier Channel 44, and WOW Channel 18.
Public Input Meetings
The sessions will include an overview of the redistricting process, potential alternatives under consideration, and an opportunity for public comment.
Residents can participate via Zoom at the following dates/times:
- Wednesday, October 13 at 2 p.m. - Watch Meeting
- Thursday, October 14 at 6 p.m. - Watch Meeting
- Wednesday, October 20 at 9 a.m. - Watch Meeting
- Thursday, October 21 at 6 p.m. - Watch Meeting
Members of the public who would like to participate may join the meeting via Zoom at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84768447041 or by calling the Zoom webinar at one of the following numbers: 1-312-626-6799 or 1-646-558-8656 or 1-301-715-8592 or 1-346-248-7799 or 1-669-900-9128 or 1-253-215-8782. The Webinar ID is 847 6844 7041.
Regular Redistricting Board Meetings and Meeting Materials
Persons with disabilities may contact our Office of Human Rights by calling (727) 464-4880 or by email for additional assistance with the documents provided below. All documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF).
September 1, 2021 - Watch Meeting
- Meeting Agenda
- Current Districts - At Large
- Current Districts - Single Member
- Supporting Documents for Agenda Item 4
- Supporting Documents for Agenda Items 5-7
- Supporting Documents for Agenda Items 8a
- Supporting Documents for Agenda Items 8b
October 6, 2021 - Watch Meeting
- Meeting Agenda
- Single Member with Municipal Boundaries
- At Large Districts - Alternative 1
- At Large Districts - Alternative 2
- Single Member Districts - Alternative 1
- Single Member Districts - Alternative 2
- Single Member Districts - Alternative 3
October 27, 2021 - Details coming soon
November 3, 2021 - Details coming soon