Special District Information:
- The full legal name of the special district:
The Housing Finance Authority of Pinellas County
- The public purpose of the special district:
To help alleviate the shortage of housing available at prices or rentals which many persons and families can afford, and provide capital for investment in such housing.
- Membership Information
- The fiscal year of the special district:
October 1 through September 30
- Public Facilities Report:
- The full text of the special district’s charter (or
special law, ordinance, or resolution creating the
The Housing Finance Authority of Pinellas County, is a separate public body corporate and politic authorized by Chapter 159, Part IV, Florida Statutes and created by the Board of County Commissioners of Pinellas County, Florida by Ordinance No. 82-32 adopted on the 12th day of October, 1982 and as codified as Division 8, Section 2-386 through 2 410 of the Pinellas County Code.
- The date of establishment: 1982
- The establishing entity: Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners
- The statute(s) under which the special district
operates, if different from the statute or statutes
under which the special district was established.
§ Florida Statutes 159.604
- Contact Name: Kathryn Driver
- Mailing address:
26750 US Highway 19 North, Ste. 110, Clearwater, FL 33761-3404
- Telephone number: (727) 223-6419
- Website URL: www.pinellascounty.org/hfa
- Submit questions/comments via our Contact Us form.
Boundary and Services Information
- A description of the boundaries or service area of the special district:
The boundaries are the same as the boundaries of Pinellas County.
- Description of the services provided by the special district:
Issue multi-family bonds to provide financing for multi-family projects within Pinellas County and issue single family bonds to provide funds for first mortgages for first time home buyers in Pinellas County and by inter
local agreements in Pasco and Polk Counties. Provide funds for down payment and closing cost assistance as companion second mortgages.
- List all taxes, fees, assessments, or charges imposed and collected by the special district,
including the rates or amounts for the fiscal year and the statutory authority for the levy of the tax,
fee, assessment, or charge. (For purposes of this subparagraph, charges do not include patient
charges by a hospital or other health care provider.)
Primary contact information for the special district for purposes of communication from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO)
- DEO Contact Name: Kathryn Driver
- DEO Contact Address:
26750 Highway 19 N., Ste. 110, Clearwater, FL 33761-3404
- DEO Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DEO Contact Phone: (727) 223-6418
- A code of ethics adopted by the special
district, if applicable, and a hyperlink to generally
applicable ethics provisions.
State of Florida Code of Ethics for Public Officers and Employees
- The budget for the special district, in addition
to amendments in accordance with s. 189.016.
- The final, complete audit report for the most
recent completed fiscal year, and audit reports
required by law or authorized by the governing body
of the special district