Special District Information:
- The full legal name of the special district:
Pinellas County Health Facilities Authority
- The public purpose of the special district:
The health facilities authority shall have all the powers conferred by the enabling act, F.S. ch. 154, pt. III (F.S. § 154.201 et seq.), and the powers of local agency pursuant to F.S. ch. 159, pt. II (F.S. § 159.25 et seq.), as amended, but only in regard to development, financing and maintaining of health facilities. See Pinellas County Code s. 2-425 for additional detail.
- Membership Information
- The fiscal year of the special district:
No annual budget.
- The full text of the special district’s charter (or special law, ordinance, or resolution creating the
Pinellas County Code Chapter 2, Article VI, DIVISION 9
Ord. No. 82-33, § 5, 10-12-82; Ord. No. 89-68, § 2, 12-19-89; Ord. No. 93-58, § 1, 5-25-93.
- The date of establishment: 10/12/82
- The establishing entity: Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners
- The statute(s) under which the special district operates, if different from the statute or statutes
under which the special district was established.
F.S. § 154.201 et seq.
- Meeting Schedule for 2018:
January 10 - cancelled July 11 February 14 August 8 March 14 September 12 April 11 October 10 May 9 November 14 June 13 December 12
- Meeting Time: 5:00 p.m.
- Meeting Location: Pinellas County Courthouse
315 Court Street, 6th Floor Conference Room, Clearwater, FL 33756
- Meeting Materials
- Contact Name: Bill Berger
- Mailing address: 315 Court Street,
Clearwater, FL 33756
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number:(727) 453-3457
- Website URL: www.pinellascounty.org/boards/health-facilities/special.htm
Boundary and Services Information
- A description of the boundaries or service area of the special district
The boundaries are the same as the boundaries of Pinellas County.
- Description of the services provided by the special district
The health facilities authority has all the powers conferred by the enabling act, §§154.201 et seq., Florida Statutes, and the powers of local agency pursuant to §§159.25 et seq., Florida Statutes, as amended, but only in regard to development, financing and maintenance of health facilities, including but not limited to acquiring property, constructing, leasing, repairing, projects, making and executing agreements of leases, contracts and other such instruments necessary or convenient in the exercise of its functions, issuing bonds for the purpose of paying for projects, employing consulting engineers, architects, surveyors, attorneys, accountants, financial experts, an executive director and other such employees as are necessary, acquiring existing projects and reimbursing any health facilities for the cost of such projects, issuing revenue bonds, keeping records of all proceedings, and reporting to the Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners the authority’s activities of the preceding year.
- List all taxes, fees, assessments, or charges imposed and collected by the special district,
including the rates or amounts for the fiscal year and the statutory authority for the levy of the tax,
fee, assessment, or charge. (For purposes of this subparagraph, charges do not include patient
charges by a hospital or other health care provider.)
The applicant shall bear all costs and expenses incurred incident to the preparation of its application. The authority shall provide for the timely review of each project by the county administrator, or his designee, in such a way as to minimize the expenditure of funds by the applicant should the review prove to be unfavorable. If the initial review is favorable, the applicant shall proceed with finalizing the bond issue for final approval by the board of county commissioners.
The application fee shall include one-quarter of one percent of the bond issue for use by the county to assure that the medically indigent are served under the provisions of this division. Certain hospitals may be excluded from the provisions of this subsection at the discretion of the board of county commissioners.
(No indigent fee has been charged (all waived by the BCC) since 2004).
Primary contact information for the special district for purposes of communication from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO)
- DEO Contact Name: Bill Berger
- DEO Contact Address: 315 Court Street Clearwater, FL 33756
- DEO Contact Email: email@example.com
- DEO Contact Phone: (727) 453-3437
- A code of ethics adopted by the special district, if applicable, and a hyperlink to generally
applicable ethics provisions.
State of Florida Code of Ethics for Public Officers and Employees
- The budget for the special district, in addition to amendments in accordance with s. 189.016.
No annual budget.
- The final, complete audit report for the most recent completed fiscal year, and audit reports
required by law or authorized by the governing body of the special district.
Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports