Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) Regular Public Meeting
|Public Meeting||June 2, 2015||9:33 A.M.||Printable version|
Persons wishing to speak during the Citizens to be Heard portion of the agenda or regarding Regular Agenda items and Public Hearing items must complete a comment card. Cards should be given to staff at the table located at the front of the Assembly Room. At the scheduled section of the meeting when the item is before the Board of County Commissioners (Board), the Chairman will call each speaker, one by one, to the podium to be heard. Each speaker may speak up to three minutes. Persons who have been authorized to represent a group of four or more individuals, who are present, should limit their presentation to 10 minutes. Items may be taken out of order by the Chairman.
Invocation by Bob Harris, Chair of the Baha’i Community of Pinellas County from the Clearwater Baha’i Center.
Pledge of Allegiance
Presidential Lifetime Achievement Awards
II. PUBLIC HEARINGS
The procedure used by the Board in conducting public hearings is to have a staff presentation followed by the applicant presenting the specific proposal. The Board will then hear comments from the proponents followed by comments from the opponents and a staff summary. The applicant will then be given an opportunity to close and the Board will decide on the matter. Please refer to the back of this agenda copy for more details on guidelines for time limitations and opportunities to speak.
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (Proposals to amend the adopted Countywide Plan Map)
1. Subthreshold Amendment:
Case CW 15-10 – Pinellas County
0.2 acre more or less (mol), located at 11787 Walsingham Road; amendment from Residential Low to Commercial General.
2. Regular Amendments:
a. Case CW 15-11 – City of Clearwater
4.5 acres mol, located at 2930 County Road 193; amendment from Residential Low to Institutional.
b. Case CW 15-12 – City of Largo
2.3 acres mol, located at 1925 & 2031 Seminole Boulevard; amendment from Residential Urban and Residential/Office General with Activity Center Overlay to Residential/Office General and Commercial General with Activity Center Overlay.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
3. Approval of amendments to the Interlocal Agreement with the City of St. Petersburg for the South St. Petersburg Community Redevelopment Area (Planning) (Regular Agenda Item) (Companion to Items Nos. 4 and 16).
4. Proposed resolution for approval of the South St. Petersburg Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) Plan and delegation of additional redevelopment powers to the City of St. Petersburg, including the power to establish a redevelopment trust fund for the South St. Petersburg CRA (Companion to Items Nos. 3 and 16).
5. Petition to Vacate submitted by Mathew L. Scott, Trustee of the Leo W. Scott Trust, for a 40-foot portion of right-of-way (ROW) on Marie Street, a 30-foot unnamed ROW and a 40-foot portion of ROW on St. Louis Avenue in the W.V. Futrell’s subdivision, retaining a drainage, utility and access easement over the vacated ROW on Marie Street (Legislative Hearing).
6. Petition to Vacate submitted by Edward R. Sharp, Sr. Trust and Joyce A. Sharp Trust, the West Family Trust under the will of Gurth A. West and U-Haul Company of Florida for a portion of East Rena Drive in Palm Breeze Estates subdivision (Legislative Hearing) (Deferred from the May 5, 2015 Board meeting).
III. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re Middle School Excellence.
JoAn Totty, Palm Harbor, re Palm Harbor.
Greg Pound, Largo, re County and State Government.
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
All matters listed under this item are considered to be routine and action will be taken by one motion without separate discussion of each item. If discussion is desired by a member of the Board, that item(s) will be moved from the Consent Agenda and considered separately.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT AND COMPTROLLER
8. Reports received for filing:
10. Miscellaneous items received for filing:
a. City of Clearwater Notices of Public Hearings regarding proposed Ordinances Nos. 8705-15 through 8713-15 annexing certain properties and amending the Land Use Plan and the Zoning Atlas; public hearings to be held June 3, 2015.
c. City of St. Petersburg Notice of Public Hearings regarding two proposed ordinances approving a Community Redevelopment Plan for the Southside St. Petersburg Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) and establishing a Tax Increment Financing District and Redevelopment Trust Fund for the CRA. Public hearings held May 21 and to be held June 11, 2015, respectively.
See Item No. 14
12. Approval of an award of bid to Traffic Control Devices, Inc. for advanced traffic management system/intelligent transportation system improvements – State Road 693 (66th Street) from Gulf Boulevard to Park Boulevard.
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS AND COUNCILS
Emergency Medical Services Authority
V. REGULAR AGENDA
Item No. 12
14. Items for discussion from the Consent Agenda.
to be held June 23, 2015
15. Approval of authority to advertise a public hearing for Pinellas County Consortium’s FY 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan including the 2015-2016 Annual Action Plan for federal funding.
to be held June 23, 2015
16. Approval of authority to advertise a public hearing for an ordinance approving the creation of a redevelopment trust fund for the South St. Petersburg Community Redevelopment Area (Companion to Items Nos. 3 and 4).
20. Other administrative matters.
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS AND COUNCILS
Countywide Planning Authority
to be held July 21 and August 4, 2015
23. Approval of authority to advertise public hearings regarding the Countywide Plan update.
Industrial Development Authority
COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
|a.||Commissioner Eggers||thanked County staff for Memorial Day event, and Tampa Bay Veterans Alliance and the City of Clearwater for the memorial groundbreaking.
wished happy birthday to the City of Clearwater.
looks forward to touring Directions for Living, South Cross Bayou Water Reclamation Plant, Traffic Facility, and Waste-to-Energy Plant.
|b.||Commissioner Welch||wished Commissioner Eggers happy birthday and Tampa Bay Lightning success against the Chicago Blackhawks, and the members concurred.|
|c.||Commissioner Justice||echoed comments of Commissioner Eggers regarding Memorial Day ceremony.|
|d.||Chairman Morroni|| requested update regarding reclaimed water stoppage in beach communities, and staff reported that a leak has been fixed and service restored.
wished Commissioner Gerard well with her medical issue.
announced 2015 Atlantic Hurricane Season starts today, and 2015 Hurricane Guide is available at various locations and on County website. Commissioner Long noted that the Sheriff has implemented a pass system and urged barrier island residents to register.
ADJOURNMENT – 12:08 P.M.
* * * *
If the meeting has not concluded by 12:30 p.m., a recess will be taken from 12:30 to 1:00 p.m., and the remainder of the meeting will continue at 1:00 p.m.
Persons are advised that, if they decide to appeal any decision made at this meeting/hearing, they will need a record of the proceedings, and, for such purposes, they may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
Persons needing a special accommodation to participate in this proceeding should contact the Office of Human Rights, by written or oral request, at least 48 hours prior to the proceeding at: 400 South Fort Harrison Avenue, Suite 500, Clearwater, Florida 33756, Phone: (727) 464-4880, TDD: (727) 464-4062.
PUBLIC HEARING PROCEDURES
Public hearings before the Board are governed by the provisions of Section 134-14 of the Pinellas County Land Development Code. That code provides that at the conclusion of each person’s presentation, any speaker may seek the Chairman’s permission to ask questions of staff. Specifically:
1. At the conclusion of the presentations by the applicant and any proponents, all affected parties may seek the Chairman’s permission to ask questions of or seek clarification from the applicant and/or the proponents.
2. At the conclusion of the presentation by the opponents, all affected parties may seek the Chairman’s permission to ask questions of or seek clarification from any opponent.
The applicant’s closing comments will address testimony subsequent to their presentation. Continuing rebuttal of other than directly preceding testimony will not be allowed.
Because much testimony has already been submitted in writing, the applicant should present the entire case in 20 minutes.