Pinellas County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) Regular Public Meeting
|Public Meeting||April 21, 2015||2:01 P.M.||Printable version|
Persons wishing to speak during the Citizens to be Heard portion of the agenda or regarding Regular Agenda items and Public Hearing items must complete a comment card. Cards should be given to staff at the table located at the front of the Assembly Room. At the scheduled section of the meeting when the item is before the Board of County Commissioners (Board), the Chairman will call each speaker, one by one, to the podium to be heard. Each speaker may speak up to three minutes. Persons who have been authorized to represent a group of four or more individuals, who are present, should limit their presentation to 10 minutes. Items may be taken out of order by the Chairman.
Invocation by Father Dermot Dunne from St. Cecelia Catholic Church in Clearwater
Pledge of Allegiance
National Arbor Day Proclamation
Healthy Kids Day Proclamation
50th Anniversary of the Florida West Coast Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors Proclamation
External auditor audit results for year ended September 30, 2014
II. CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
David Ballard Geddis, Jr., Palm Harbor, re reclaimed water/14th Amendment/1st Amendment.
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re middle school excellence.
Norm Lupo, Clearwater, re current events for consideration.
Tony Caso, Palm Harbor, re Palm Harbor citizens veterans memorial project.
Deb Caso, Palm Harbor, re agenda items Nos. 5 and 17.
JoAn Totty, Palm Harbor, re Palm Harbor.
III. CONSENT AGENDA
All matters listed under this item are considered to be routine and action will be taken by one motion without separate discussion of each item. If discussion is desired by a member of the Board, that item(s) will be moved from the Consent Agenda and considered separately.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT AND COMPTROLLER
2. Reports received for filing:
3. Vouchers and bills paid – None.
City of Seminole Notice of Ordinance Enactment and Public Hearings to be held April 28, 2015, regarding proposed Ordinances Nos. 06-2015 through 08-2015 voluntarily annexing certain property.
Engineering and Technical Support
See Item No. 13
6. Approval of a County Incentive Grant Program Agreement with the Florida Department of Transportation and adoption of a resolution authorizing the contribution of funds for construction activities for the Belcher Road and Belleair Road intersection improvement project.
See Item No. 13
7. Approval of ratification of grant applications with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection for design and construction of the Lake Seminole Sediment Removal Project:
See Item No. 13
9. Adoption of resolutions for approval of Public Transportation Joint Participation Agreements with the State of Florida, Department of Transportation for the: (Airport)
10.Approval of contract termination, without cause, with Customer Service Center, Inc. d/b/a United Financial Management Services, Inc. for management of active receivables for being not cost effective (Ambulance Billing and Finance Services).
11.Receipt and file reports of:
12. Adoption of resolutions appropriating earmarked receipts for a particular purpose in the FY 2015 General Fund Budget for the: (Management and Budget)
IV. REGULAR AGENDA
Items Nos. 5, 6, 7, and 9
13. Items for discussion from the Consent Agenda.
15. Adoption of a resolution approving the State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program Local Housing Assistance Plan for State FYs 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18 for submittal to the Florida Housing Finance Corporation.
17. Adoption of resolutions approving qualified applicants for the Qualified Target Industry Tax Refund Program: (Economic Development)
18. Approval of ranking of firms and final agreement with Volkert, Inc. for professional engineering consulting services for roadway drainage, pond and intersection improvements with small bridge replacement for Sunset Point Road and North Betty Lane and Whitney Road at Wolford Road (Engineering and Technical Support).
21. Other administrative matters.
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, CONSTITUTIONAL OFFICERS AND COUNCILS
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Authority
Housing Finance Authority (HFA)
COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
a. Commissioner Eggers
encouraged members to attend a welcoming back celebration of veterans participating in Honor Flights.
announced Employee Appreciation Luncheon occurring next week.
announced Palm Harbor/Tarpon Springs Relay for Life event this Friday at 6:00 p.m. at Palm Harbor University.
wished his wife a Happy Anniversary.
b. Commissioner Welch
discussed recent meeting with Council of North County Neighborhoods.
thanked the Rays for paying tribute to Jackie Robinson and expressed appreciation of Brian Auld’s community involvement.
encouraged conversation re future plans for Tropicana Field.
discussed gun range legislation and zoning code requirements, with Mary Scott Hardwick and Attorney Bennett providing input.
c. Commissioner Justice
encouraged members to attend Lealman Neighborhood Family Fun and Yard Sale, 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 pm. this Saturday at Lealman Park.
attended recent Annual Meeting of Friends of Pinellas Trail/Pinellas Trail, Inc. celebrating auxiliary rangers; announced a forum on April 28 at Largo Public Library to discuss plans for 25th celebration of Pinellas Trail in December.
wished Pinellas County volunteer Deb Kramer a speedy recovery from an accident.
with input by Ms. Hardwick, discussed Charter Review Commission citizen appointments. The Board came to a consensus of seven individual appointments by the Commissioners and two at-large appointments.
If the afternoon portion of the meeting has not concluded by 5:30 p.m., a recess will be taken from 5:30 – 6:00 p.m. The remainder of the afternoon agenda will resume at 6:00 p.m., followed by public hearings.
V. SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARING
The procedure used by the Board in conducting public hearings is to have a staff presentation followed by the applicant presenting the specific proposal. The Board will then hear comments from the proponents followed by comments from the opponents and a staff summary. The applicant will then be given an opportunity to close and the Board will decide on the matter. Please refer to the back of this agenda copy for more details on guidelines for time limitations and opportunities to speak.
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
ADJOURNMENT – 6:03 P.M.
* * * *
Persons are advised that, if they decide to appeal any decision made at this meeting/hearing, they will need a record of the proceedings, and, for such purposes, they may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
Persons needing a special accommodation to participate in this proceeding should contact the Office of Human Rights, by written or oral request, at least 48 hours prior to the proceeding at: 400 South Fort Harrison Avenue, Suite 500, Clearwater, Florida 33756, Phone: (727) 464-4880, TDD: (727) 464-4062.
PUBLIC HEARING PROCEDURES
Public hearings before the Board are governed by the provisions of Section 134-14 of the Pinellas County Land Development Code. That code provides that at the conclusion of each person’s presentation, any speaker may seek the Chairman’s permission to ask questions of staff. Specifically:
1. At the conclusion of the presentations by the applicant and any proponents, all affected parties may seek the Chairman’s permission to ask questions of or seek clarification from the applicant and/or the proponents.
2. At the conclusion of the presentation by the opponents, all affected parties may seek the Chairman’s permission to ask questions of or seek clarification from any opponent.
The applicant’s closing comments will address testimony subsequent to their presentation. Continuing rebuttal of other than directly preceding testimony will not be allowed.
Because much testimony has already been submitted in writing, the applicant should present the entire case in 20 minutes.