|AGENDA – Regular Public Meeting||Pinellas County|
|Board of County Commissioners (BCC)|
|9:31 a.m.||August 6, 2013|
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Law Day Poster Contest Presentation
Palm Harbor Parks and Recreation Summer Camp Kids Presentation
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS
The procedure used by the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) in conducting Public Hearings is to have a staff presentation followed by the applicant presenting the specific proposal. The BCC will then hear comments from the proponents followed by comments from the opponents and a staff summary. The applicant will then be given an opportunity to close and the BCC will decide on the matter. Please refer to the back of your agenda copy for more details on guidelines for time limitations and opportunities to speak.
Any person who wishes to speak about a Public Hearing item shall complete a Blue Card, submit it to staff at the table located at the front of the Board Room, and may speak up to three (3) minutes. The Chairman will call each speaker, one by one, to the podium to be heard. Groups of five (5) or more individuals should complete Blue Cards, submit to staff and limit their presentation to ten (10) minutes.
SCHEDULED PUBLIC HEARINGS – BCC
North-South ; East-West to 08/20/2013 BCC Meeting
1. Petition to Vacate Submitted by Capon Corporation for a Portion of a Right of Way on Lots 1, 21, 22 and 23 in the Tampa and Tarpon Springs Land Company (Legislative Hearing)
COUNTYWIDE PLANNING AUTHORITY (CPA) PUBLIC HEARINGS
Consideration of the Following Proposals to Amend the Adopted Countywide Future Land Use Plan:
3. Subthreshold Amendment – Case CW 13-6 – City of Dunedin
0.3 Acre More or Less (MOL), Located at 1418 Carnation Drive; Amendment from Residential Medium to Commercial General
4. Regular Amendment – Case CW 13-5 – City of Largo
13.8 Acres MOL, Located at 2098 Seminole Boulevard and Contiguous Southern Parcel; Amendment from Residential Estate and Residential Low Medium with Resort Facilities Overlay to Residential High (Continued from the July 9, 2013 BCC Agenda)
CITIZENS TO BE HEARD
Richard N. Shott, Clearwater, re affordable housing vs. “reits.”
Lenore Faulkner, Madeira Beach, re education excellence.
Greg Pound, Largo, re justice.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT AND COMPTROLLER
a. $41,478,914.82 from June 2 to June 8, 2013
b. $8,269,847.12 from June 9 to June 15, 2013
c. $20,177,242.70 from June 16 to June 22, 2013
d. $15,273,744.77 from June 23 to June 29, 2013
8. Miscellaneous Items to be Received for Filing:
Management and Budget
10. Adoption of Resolutions Appropriating Unanticipated Receipts for a Particular Purpose in FY 2013:
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
Lealman Solid Waste Collection and Disposal District (LSWCDD)
Any person wishing to speak regarding a regular agenda item must have a Blue Card completed and given to staff at the table located at the front of the Board Room. The Chairman will call each speaker, one by one, to the podium to be heard when the item is before the BCC. Each speaker may speak up to three (3) minutes. Persons who have been authorized to represent a group of five (5) or more individuals should complete Blue Cards, submit to staff at the table located at the front of the Board Room, and should limit their presentation to ten (10) minutes.
Health and Community Services
(without a resolution)
21. Adoption of a Resolution Designating Executive Director, Department of Environment and Infrastructure, and Four Positions of Executive Director, County Administration for Inclusion within the Senior Management Service Class of the Florida Retirement System (County Administrator)
(scriveners error noted)
22. Approval of FY 2013 Budget Amendment No. 5 (Management and Budget)
24. Other Administrative Matters
25. Miscellaneous - None
AUTHORITIES, BOARDS, AND COUNCILS
COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS
|a.||Commissioner Long||reported her son received award.
|b.||Commissioner Justice||toured North County parks and announced Youth Advisory Committee open-house on August 21 at 3:00 at the courthouse.|
|c.||Commissioner Welch||wished Administrator LaSala happy birthday.|
If the meeting has not concluded by 12:30 p.m., a recess will be taken from 12:30 to 1:00 p.m., and the remainder of the meeting will continue at 1:00 p.m.
ADJOURNMENT – 11:49 A.M.
* * * *
Persons are advised that, if they decide to appeal any decision made at this meeting/hearing, they will need a record of the proceedings, and, for such purposes, they may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
Persons needing a special accommodation to participate in this proceeding should contact the Office of Human Rights, by written or oral request at least 48 hours prior to the proceeding at: 400 South Fort Harrison Avenue, Suite 500, Clearwater, Florida 33756, Phone: (727) 464-4880, TDD: (727) 464-4062.
PUBLIC HEARING PROCEDURES
Public Hearings before the BCC are governed by the provisions of Section 134-14 of the Pinellas County Land Development Code. That code provides that at the conclusion of each person’s presentation, any speaker may seek the Chairman’s permission to ask questions of staff. Specifically:
1. At the conclusion of the presentations by the applicant and any proponents, all affected parties may seek the Chairman’s permission to ask questions of or seek clarification from the applicant and/or the proponents.
2. At the conclusion of the presentation by the opponents, all affected parties may seek the Chairman’s permission to ask questions of or seek clarification from any opponent.
The applicant’s closing comments will address testimony subsequent to their presentation. Continuing rebuttal of other than directly preceding testimony will not be allowed.
Because much testimony has already been submitted in writing, the applicant should present their entire case in twenty (20) minutes.