County Information Desk:
Our Mission & Responsibilities
The County Attorney is appointed by the County Attorney Oversight Committee, established by the Pinellas County Charter, and is directly responsible to the Board of County Commissioners. This office is not part of the judicial branch of County government.
The office of county attorney is responsible for providing legal counsel and representation to all Pinellas County government agencies—including the board of county commissioners, the county administrator, constitutional officers, and all other departments, divisions, regulatory boards and advisory boards of county government—in all legal matters relating to their official responsibilities. The office of county attorney does not represent individual citizens, and cannot provide private legal advice.
The county attorney’s office has a has a strong commitment to public service, and a diverse legal practice that includes such areas as commercial and construction contracting and litigation; real estate and commercial transactions; appeals; employment & labor law; ethics law; federal litigation; workers’ compensation; environmental, land use & zoning law; governmental affairs; eminent domain; bankruptcy; economic development; municipal finance; taxation; tort liability; medical malpractice; prosecution of county code and ordinance violations; and contract negotiation and drafting in a wide a range of areas.
Legal Assistance for Citizens
The Pinellas County Attorney’s Office cannot represent or provide private legal advice to the citizens of Pinellas County in legal matters. If you need legal representation or assistance, please contact a private attorney. If you do not have an attorney, here are some resources to assist you:
|LEGAL ASSISTANCE AGENCIES|
|Pinellas County Clerk Legal Self Help Center||727-464-5150|
|Gulfcoast Legal Services||727-821-0726|
|Community Law Program||727-582-7402|
|ABA Free Legal AnswersTM|
|LOCAL FLORIDA BAR ASSOCIATION RESOURCES|
|Clearwater Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service||727-461-4880|
|St. Petersburg Bar Association "Find an Attorney"|
Additional Legal Links / Resources
Links for other Pinellas County departments and websites:
- Land Development Code eff. January 1, 2019
- Pinellas County Consumer Protection (consumer complaints & fraud investigations)
- Pinellas County Human Rights (cases of discrimination)
- The following websites are not operated by Pinellas County or the County Attorney’s Office. We are not responsible for the content or availability of linked sites.
- Pinellas County Code
- Florida Statutes
- Florida Administrative Code
- Florida Attorney General Opinions
- Florida Government-in-the-Sunshine Law (Open Government)
Links for the Sixth Judicial Circuit, serving Pinellas and Pasco counties:
- Sixth Judicial Circuit Court
- Public Defender of the Sixth Judicial Circuit
- State Attorney for the Sixth Judicial Circuit
315 Court Street
Clearwater, FL 33756