Animal Services: Law / Codes
- Chapter 14 - Animals Services
list of some of the sections.
- 14-30 .
(4) Placing food or garbage, allowing the placement of food or garbage, or offering food or garbage in such a manner that it attracts cats, dogs, raccoons, coyotes or other wildlife and thereby creates a public nuisance.
(a) No dog or cat shall run at large within the county, as defined under this article. Any person who possesses, harbors, keeps, or has control or custody of any dog or cat which is running at large shall be in violation of this article, regardless of the knowledge, intent or culpability of the owner.
(b) This section shall not apply to police dogs as defined in F.S. § 843.19 when such dogs are engaged by a law enforcement agency in an official capacity, or to any dog which is actually engaged in or being trained for the sport of hunting during a legal hunting season within authorized areas and supervised by the owner.
(c) The owner of any female dog or cat in heat (estrus) which is not kept confined in a secure enclosure, such as a building, veterinary hospital, boarding kennel or closed kennel, such that the female dog or cat cannot come in contact with any male dog or cat, except when the owners of both animals intend to breed such animals, shall be deemed in violation of this article. A fenced area is not sufficient enclosure for the purpose and intent of this subsection.
- 14-26 - Definitions
- 14-29 – Pet Dealers and Kennels
- 14-31 - Unlawful restraint of dogs
- 14-48 - Impoundment
- 14-64 - Dangerous animals
Chapter 90, Sec 90-50
Florida Administrative Code:
- Rule 68A-4.001 General Prohibitions
(1) No wildlife or freshwater fish or their nests, eggs, young, homes or dens shall be taken, transported, stored, served, bought, sold, or possessed in any manner or quantity at any time except as specifically permitted by these rules nor shall anyone take, poison, store, buy, sell, possess or wantonly or willfully waste the same except as specifically permitted by these rules.
(2) The use of gasoline or any other chemical or gaseous substances to drive wildlife from their retreats is prohibited.
(3) Intentionally placing food or garbage, allowing the placement of food or garbage, or offering food or garbage in such a manner that it attracts black bears, foxes or raccoons and in a manner that is likely to create or creates a public nuisance is prohibited.
(4) The intentional feeding or the placement of food that attracts pelicans and modifies the natural behavior of the pelican so as to be detrimental to the survival or health of a local population is prohibited.
(5) The intentional feeding of sandhill cranes is prohibited.
(6) No person shall take or assist in taking wildlife using a method that involves remote control aiming and discharging of a gun when that person is not physically present at the location of that gun.
Return to top