14 South Fort Harrison Avenue
Clearwater, Fl 33756
Customer Service (727) 464-4000
Force Mains to be Replaced in Belleair Beach
November 30, 2007
Beginning Monday, December 3, 2007, Pinellas County Utilities will begin work to replace the aged sanitary sewer force mains in two Belleair Beach pumps stations (#96 & #97).
The work will affect the following areas:
- Hibiscus Dr., between Belle Isle Ave. and Morgan Dr.
- Morgan Dr., between Hibiscus Dr. and Bayshore Dr.
- Bayshore Dr., between Morgan Dr. and 19th St.
- 19th St., between Bayshore Dr. and Gulf Blvd.
- Gulf Blvd., between 18th St. and 19th St.
The contractor will be using a portion of the right-of-way along the sea wall on Belle Isle Ave. to store pipe and equipment during the project.
The old 6-inch cast iron pipe will be replaced with a new pipe material, high density polyethylene pipe (HDPE). The contractors, Rowland Inc. and Equibore, will use horizontal directional drilling (HDD) in order to minimize disruption in the area.
The work is expected to be completed before the upcoming holidays.