Junior Docent Volunteers
Looking for a FUN and CHALLENGING volunteer opportunity?
Sign up now! We need the leaders of tomorrow
to be a part of the past, today!
Junior Docent Volunteer Flyer
You Can Be a Junior Docent Volunteer!
Approved as a Bright Futures volunteer location, Heritage Village's Junior Docent program encourages teens ages 12-17 to learn about local and Florida history and share that knowledge by participating in the fun action packed Passport Adventures program. Teens provide historic house tours, demonstrate fun living history activities, play historic games, learn traditional crafts and much more.
Teen volunteers donate their time:
- Researching and presenting guided tours at Heritage Village
- Participating in special events and festivals
- Learning living history activities
- Providing a community role model to children and young adults
- Hours credited towards the Bright Futures College Scholarships program
Take a look and enjoy:
Next Junior Docent Volunteer Orientation:
June 10, 2017 at 10 a.m.
All new and returning Junior volunteers
Pinellas Room at Heritage Village
11909 125th Street N., Largo, FL 33774
Each youth must be accompanied by a guardian/adult
- Training and Summer Orientation:
Each summer, teens from Pinellas County join the volunteer team at Heritage Village and are provided a special training session. Approved as a Bright Future volunteer location, Heritage Village's Junior Docent Program encourages teens aged 12 - 17 to learn about local and Florida history by participating in the fun action packed Passport Adventures program. Teens provide historic house tours, demonstrate fun living history activities, play historic games, sing songs and much more.
- Junior Docent Training Dates:
June 14, 15 and 16, 2017
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information and to have a Junior Docent Volunteer Application Packet sent directly to you, please call (727) 582-2125, or email: email@example.com.
College Internships at Heritage Village – Summer 2017
Sponsored by the Pinellas County Historical Society
College Summer Internships: Interested adults 18 years of age and older enrolled in a related college program can apply. Summer interns assist Heritage Village with youth programming and support for the Junior Docent and Passport Adventures programs. The Passport Adventures program brings visiting youth age 4 – 11 years to tour Heritage Village; and the Junior Docent program prepares youth age 12 – 17 years to provide historic tours. Interns contribute approximately 100 volunteer hours while gaining valuable work experience and college credit.
- Intern applications and orientation: June 3, 2017 - 10 a.m. to noon
- College Intern Training Dates: June 7, 8, & 9
- Teen Parent Orientation: June 10
- Intern commitment: 100 volunteer hours minimum June 14 – August 5
- Assist Days: Wed, Thursday and Fridays - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information and to have a Volunteer Application Packet sent directly to you, please call 727-582-2125, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application packet.
Return to top