The home, built in 1915, is of the distinct Florida vernacular bungalow style of that time period.
This historic residence was originally located at 801 S. Fort Harrison Avenue, Clearwater. This historic structure was the home of Alfred Cleveland and Amber Clark Turner and remained in the family throughout its history. The last resident of the home was their daughter, Geraldine Clark Turner.
Geraldine “Jere” Turner bequeathed her family home to Pinellas County, along with $100,000 in moving costs and the contents of the 1915 bungalow.
Heritage Village is seeking donations to restore and preserve the historic value of the structure, providing visitors the opportunity to enjoy and learn from this important piece of Clearwater’s history and the history of Florida vernacular architecture.
Return to Map of Heritage Village