This structure was built by area pioneer Wesley Lowe in 1911 and was originally located on Indian Rocks Road where the Randolph Farms Condominiums are presently located.
The Lowes stored hay in the barn and they kept horses and cows. Sumner fondly remembered his father kept a horse drawn buggy and wagon in this barn before they purchased their first automobile.
Livestock in Largo?
Paul Randolph purchased the Lowe property in the late 1940s for cattle and horses at the Randolph Farms. As late as the 1960’s, his cowhands herded cattle to nearby pastures from the barn across the quiet and little traveled Indian Rocks Road. The original site of the barn is now part of the Randolph Farms Condominiums.
Building Nuts & Bolts
Wesley Lowe used cypress lumber, a rot resistant wood, as the foundation for this functional structure. The new owner Paul Randolph added the stables and pens on each side of the barn.
The Barn was moved to Heritage Village in 1977 and currently houses an excellent collection of early farm tools and implements.