Thank you for your interest in donating your item to Heritage Village! The museum's collection is built upon the generosity and foresight of people who want to see Pinellas County's past preserved for future generations. We ask that you READ THIS PAGE FULLY AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
All donations to Heritage Village must be reviewed and approved by our Collections Committee. Due to the number of items that we are offered, we are unable to store your treasures until they are accepted into our collections.
How do I donate an item?
To help you determine if your item is appropriate for the Heritage Village Permanent Collection, please read the following guidelines for acceptance.
- All items must relate to Pinellas County history and have local significance. They can be items that:
- Belonged to a pioneer family, local business, organization, or one of the families associated with Heritage Village's buildings.
- Items that were locally made or produced.
- Are related to Heritage Village's historic structures or are affiliated with a local landmark in Pinellas County.
- Demonstrate the ethnic or cultural life of Pinellas County's communities.
- Relate to one of these four interpretive themes associated with Pinellas County history: Coastal Living; Community Life; Agriculture, Transportation and Tourism.
- Are a representative era-object that aid in interpreting each building's period of significance AND are not already held within in the museum's collections.
- They should NOT be items from other parts of the country or items that were purchased in antique stores or auctions where a local connection cannot be proven.
- Archival materials such as newspapers, photographs, family scrapbooks, yearbooks, and letters should all relate to Pinellas County.
- Condition of the items should be good without the need for extensive repair.
If your item meets the above criteria, what do you do next?
Heritage Village follows procedures from the American Association of Museums for accepting items into permanent collections to ensure we are the best stewards for preserving collections for the future.
The Heritage Village Collections Committee reviews all items. This review process can take two to three months. You will be notified of its status during the review process.
To submit your list of items to the Collections Committee for review, choose one of the following options. Include any corresponding documents and at least one photo of each item (required). Provide as much information as possible about each item, so a more fully informed decision can be made by the Committee.
- Options to submit your list of items for review:
- Complete and submit the Potential Donor Form online. The form includes fields for uploading photos and documents.
- Print and complete the Potential Donor Form. Submit the form, along with photos and documentation:
- Hand-deliver to Heritage Village Reception Desk
- Email to Heritage Village
- Mail to:
Naomi Gerakios Mucci
Curator of Collections
11909 125th Street N.
Largo, FL 33774
Donations enable Heritage Village to continue to educate and preserve the history of Pinellas County for future generations. Thank you for your interest.