Regional 9-1-1 Employment
Pinellas County Regional 9-1-1 periodically looks for individuals who want an exciting career as a Public Safety Telecommunicator. Public Safety Telecommunicators are responsible for processing non-emergency Law Enforcement and emergency 9-1-1 calls for the entire county. They also dispatch fire department units to emergency fire and medical calls. All work is executed using Windows-based personal computers. Check back often to see if we are actively hiring.
Pinellas County gives you...
- Competitive wages
- Plus, a minimum 5% shift differential (for evening and over night shifts)
- Benefits including medical, dental, and life insurance
- Florida Retirement System (employer contributions)
- 2 weeks paid leave (starting)
- 9 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays, 2 personal leave days
- Holiday overtime pay (overtime for any county holidays worked)
- Fully equipped fitness center
- Employee discounts (attractions, hotels, events, restaurants, cellular phones)
- Tuition Reimbursement benefit
- Employee Assistance Program
Emergency Communications/9-1-1 gives you...
- Ability to earn overtime or compensatory time (More time off!)
- Flexibility; various schedules/shifts available
- Relaxed attire
- Seniority in shift selection and vacations (Tenure counts!)
- No in-basket, job stays AT WORK
- New daily challenges
- Comfortable work environment
- FUN teamwork atmosphere